I have taught at Cottenham Village College for many years. It is a wonderful venue for Adult and Community Learning with very organised and helpful staff.
My teaching and organisational roles at Cottenham involve the following:
- Teaching and on the committee - CVC Summer School on the first week of August each year.
- Teaching Saturday Day Schools
- Teaching an Advanced Textiles Workshop fortnightly over term time
- Teaching/Mentoring Contemporary Textile Art Group - Fibrefusion www.fibrefusion.org.uk
- Teaching Short 5 weeks courses: Free Machine Embroidery, and Creative Embroidery.
- For twelve years I organised and ran a three day long Textile Fair, the last week-end of February each year called 'Textiles in Focus'. It became a huge success with well over a 1,000 visitors each year. Unfortunately the event became too big to be run by one person so to enable it to continue it has been passed on to become a successful commercially run event. www.textilesinfocus.com. 'Textiles in Focus' 2016 has now been transferred to Camborne Village College, Cambridgeshire.
Contact: Cottenham Village College:
- For information on their Summer Schools (see their website)
- For information of Day Schools, Short Courses and Workshops
Tel. No: 01954 288751